2623 Juniper Avenue, Boulder, CO
Strong analysis and programming skills in server side technologies Elixir/Phoenix, Rails, Sinatra, Node, and ASP.NET. Extensive experience with both desktop and mobile technologies including Cordova, mobile web browsers, and desktop web browsers on Mac, Windows, and Linux. Fluent with DevOps principles in monitoring, alerting, and configuration management.
Canvas Technology, Boulder, CO December 2015 – Present
Software Engineer, Web Team Tech Lead
- Tech lead of 3 engineers to continue development on our core web server application.
- Responsible for system design and integration of the company’s fleet management, configuration management system, and deployment system.
- Designed and developed command & control system for an autonomous robotic system.
- Built a web application to view the state of the system as well as add on metadata about warehousing operations and robot charging control.
- Contributed to the design and patentened Canvas’ proprietery charging and control station.
- Architected and developed Canvas’ automated deployment system with Puppet, Foreman, and various other control systems.
- Led team to design and develop a tablet application that locally commands an autonomous robot.
- Contributed to the overall IT requirements (build servers, network support, field support, training/mentoring, IT threat analysis, security checks, etc).
Ionic, Boulder, CO December 2014 – Nov 2015
- Maintain all aspects of client side tooling for the Ionic Framework.
- Maintain the Ionic CLI written in Node.js.
- Created from concept to release a full desktop GUI app in Electron for maintaining Ionic applications that runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux lab.ionic.io.
- Interact with community and plan features written once and available in CLI/GUI once completed via shared Node.js module.
- Development of Ionic v2 and assisting development with Angular 2.
RaiseMore, Oklahoma City, OK January 2012 – August 2014
- Worked on a small start up, alumni of start up accelerator program VentureSpur.
- Development of Platform consisting of a Mobile Application, an analytics dashboard, an image/video processing queue server, a public API in Ruby on Rails, & mobile web applications on Node.js.
- Built mobile application in PhoneGap on native iOS/Android devices & desktop browsers.
- Automated mobile application builds for iOS and Android based on varying customized assets.
- Built administration dashboard with Rails and AngularJS to give analytics, build custom event mobile applications, and process user feed back through various social networks.
Chesapeake Energy, Oklahoma City, OK Nov 2010 – Aug 2012
- Development of intranet web applications for mapping fracking & drilling activity.
- Worked with multiple teams to put together a multi-threaded job processing system in C#.
- Assembled continuous integration systems to conduct code deployments using TeamCity.
GENASCIS, Oklahoma City, OK June 2010 – Nov 2010
- Development of ASP.NET MVC web application to integrate existing medical data solutions into a core centralized system to provide ease of data access, business automation, and improvement of workflow.
- Development of new central 2FA login system for an existing IBM Cognos reporting platform to provide additional security measures.
MediaQuake, Oklahoma City, OK May 2007 – Jan 2008
- Developed web crawler in C# to obtain over 1,000 news sources to convert text content to audio.
- Developed database stored procedures and assemblies in SQL Server to efficiently access, parse, and aggregate data for text stories to be converted to audio podcast MP3s.
University of Central Oklahoma June 2003 – Dec 2007
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – Cumulative GPA 3.89
- Class Marshall – Highest academic record at UCO – Fall 2007
- Outstanding Graduating Senior – Department of Computer Science
Related Community Experience
Community Mentor – Galvanize, Boulder January 2015 – Present
Apache Cordova (https://cordova.apache.org/) January 2014 – Nov 2015
- Assisted with development of the Cordova Plugins site (http://plugins.cordova.io/) with AngularJS and CouchDB to be used for plugin registry much like npm.
Public Speaking / Mentoring January 2012 – August 2014
- Occasional speaker for the Oklahoma City Ruby user group (http://www.okcruby.org/)
Techlahoma (http://techlahoma.com/) December 2013 – August 2014
- Working with local Oklahoma City developers in creating an active tech hub website where local developers can see active positions by technology used, and active focus.